The Yorkshire Arms was between Bengal Street and Sherratt (Spittall) Street where now stands the impressive Victoria Square housing complex. When Victoria Square was being planned in he 1890s it was commented that "Manchester Corporation have in hand a meritorious work in seeking to eradicate one of the plaque spots in the city... unwholesome dens which in the course of time will be removed... dark, dingy and poverty-stricken streets". The pub was demolished in the 1890s, but when up for sale in 1866, it was advertised as "a magnificent and noble beerhouse with wine and refreshment licence doing 6 barrels per week ".
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).