As mentioned in the Poets Corner entry, the Bee Hive was the smaller turreted pub that was absorbed into the Poets Corner by Greenall Whitley Brewery in 1974 . The Bee Hive is first listed in 1863 and by the early twentieth century was owned by Groves & Whitnall, as shown in the above snap from the superb Salford Pubs The Movie. Greenall Whitley took the Bee Hive in the 1960s before the amalgamation with its neighbouring pub and the shops in between .
1. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).