The York Minster was a Walkers of Warrington house, formerly known as the Kings Arms, on the corner of Rosamond Street West and Higher Chatham Street. Pictured above in 1912 in Bob Potts' book, the York Minster closed in 1969 . On this site these days is a student accommodation block, just a few doors down from the surviving Salutation.
Former location of York Minster, Higher Chatham Street. (c) Google 2011. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).