Eagle, Stretford Road, Hulme. Anthony Scally at Ex Hulme facebook.
This Eagle opened in 1837 and was a Walker & Homfray house , closing as a Wilsons house in 1968  when Hulme underwent its first regeneration. It was on the corner of Upper Moss Lane and Stretford Road and today some pleasant looking flats sit on the site of the old pub. However, the Eagle did live on after its demolition, as the estate pub of the same name was built on nearby Robert Adam Crescent, lasting only a couple of decades before being swept away along with the disastrous Hulme Crescents.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).