When it closed in 1974, the Britannia Inn on the corner of Clegg Street and Whit Lane was known locally as "Yeb's" after an old landlord from the late 1800s called Abraham Roscoe. Why Yeb's is unclear but he was behind the bar of his Holt's pub for 20-odd years and it stuck. The Britannia opened in the 1850s boasting a tap room, sitting room, lobby, parlour and kitchen. Joseph Holt took ownership in 1893 and the pub passed from Yeb to three subsequent family members (which may explain how the nickname stuck) before its closure on 4th July 1974 . The precise location of the old Britannia isn't clear.
2. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).