Shown above in 1952, the Waterloo was at No.10 Preston Street, and was formerly known as the Neptune Inn when it opened in 1844 . The Waterloo had time as a J H Lees (different to today's J W Lees), Walker & Homfray and finally Wilsons house, before it closed in 1965 . Preston Street used to run from Upper Moss Lane to Warde Street, and the Waterloo was at the top end, where today Ellis Street meets Warde Street.
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).