The Burns Tavern was a Walkers of Warrington house which stood on Slater Street from 1850 to 1930. By the time it had closed, the Burns Tavern had passed to Tetley's of Leeds , wand even in the halcyon days of the pub trade, must have been quite usual for a large out of town brewery to take a small backstreet boozer in another city. Slater Street has been renamed Sudell Street these days, and runs parallel to and east of Rochdale Road, just past the Marble Arch.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).