Along with the Clowes Hotel, the Trafford Hotel was built to cater for the increased traffic passing through Ordsall due to the racecourse and Trafford Road Bridge. It stood on the corner of the next street up - Elizabeth Street - on Trafford Road, and existed from 1869 until 1984. Unlike the Clowes, the Trafford Hotel didn't have a full licence for spirits and sold only beers and wines until the 1950s. Walkers & Homfray had the Trafford followed by Wilsons until its closure in 1981 .1. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).