Pubs of Manchester

All pubs within the city centre and beyond.
A history of Manchester's hundreds of lost pubs.

Saturday, 20 February 2010

Two Terriers, George Leigh Street

Former Two Terriers, George Leigh Street, Ancoats. (c) Neil Richardson [1].

The Two Terriers closed in 1912 but the building was still standing in 1986, as pictured in The Old Pubs of Ancoats by the late Neil Richardson.  It began as the Union in 1829 and became the Two Terriers in the 1840s [1].  It stood on the corner of George Leigh Street and Cotton Street, and although the former Two Terriers has been demolished, the factory unit next door remains.

Former location of Two Terriers, George Leigh Street. (c) Google 2010. View Larger Map.

1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).

No comments:

Post a Comment