The Gunsmiths, also known as the Imperial Crown, was open from the 1820s until it closed a hundred years later in 1923 as a Threlfalls beerhouse . In the picture of Gun Street below, Bem Brasil, better known as the Land 'O' Cakes, can just be seen across Great Ancoats Street.
Former location of Gunsmiths, Gun Street, Ancoats. (c) Google 2010. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).