The Spinners was one of Ancoats' first pubs, listed in 1811 with Elizabeth Pollard the landlady . It stood opposite the Edinburgh Castle on the corner of Blossom Street and Henry Street, but was already closed by 1820.Former location of Spinners Arms, Henry Street, Ancoats. (c) Google 2010. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).