Churchills, Chorlton Street. (c) beerintheevening.
Second of the "pink" pubs we have visited, though in fairness, this is a bit of a mixed crowd with gays, straights, groups, couples, young and old, all in together and this serves for a decent atmosphere for this back street boozer on the fringe of the Gay Village. Once this pub also had its own brewery and was previously known as the Mechanics Arms, a Wilsons house as seen in these Archive photos from 1959 (rag and bone cart?), 1961 (dinner hour?), 1970 and 1973 , though the reason for the change of name is not clear. No real ale (we sort of guessed this would be the case), however, Guinness acceptable for our brief visit. Surprisingly better than we expected, though we did stay at the front of the pub and didn't venture into the "disco" area at the back!
Churchills, Chorlton Street, 1991. (c) deltrems at flickr.