The Horse & Jockey was opened in the 1830s by Thomas Scragg. It was a Boddingtons house, shown here and here in 1896 on the corner of Store Street and Stand Street (now gone). It opened But a few years later it was a pub no more, shown here in 1908, three years after losing its licence . The site of the Horse & Jockey was where the garage is on Store Street on the corner of Sparkle Street.
Location of Horse & Jockey, Store Street. (c) googlemaps.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).