The Sportsman (No.10 above) was a small beerhouse a few doors down Cross Lane from the Corporation (7), Drovers (8), and opposite the Grapes (1), Fusiliers / Paddock (9) and Butchers Arms (4). It was first called the Original Three Pigeons Inn in the 1850s. By the early 1900s the Manchester Brewery were the owners and Sportsman eventually closed in 1928 .
Former location of Sportsman, Cross Lane, Salford. (c) googlemaps.
1. Salford Pubs - Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).