Station (left), Cross Lane, Salford, 1974. (c) NAH1952 at flickr.
The Station was next door-but-one to the Railway on Cross Lane adjacent to the railway bridge, opposite the old Cross Lane Station. The pub started out as the Star Inn in about 1850 and was (misleadingly) advertised as "an old original beerhouse" in 1858 . Groves & Whitnall took the Star in 1891 and rebuilt it as the Station Hotel in 1898. It finished its time as a Greenall Whitley house and - like its neighbours - was lost in the Cross Lane pub cull of 1979 due to the Regent Road roundabout construction.
1. Salford Pubs - Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).