The bridge which carries The Crescent over the railway was once known as Windsor Bridge and the road, simply Windsor. On the corner of Windsor and Wallness Lane (now University Road, leading the Salford Crescent station) was the Prince of Wales Feathers. The beerhouse was licensed around in the mid-1860s and in 1890 Wilsons Brewery bought two adjoining houses and a couple on Wallness Lane to create the Prince of Wales Feathers as shown above in Neil Richardson's book . It was known as a meeting place for the 'Buffs' (the Buffalos) and the Oddfellows. The pub closed in 1965 after a compulsory purchase order was served in 1960 in the Wallness clearance scheme .
Former location of Prince of Wales Feathers, Crescent (Windsor), Salford. (c) googlemaps.
1. Salford Pubs - Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).