Behind this wall is nowt but a car park for the Royal Mail sorting offices and clinic that sits on the former site of the Oldham Road Railway Station. The area used to be crammed full of terraced and back-to-back houses, and three doors further down Mason Street from here used to be the Marsland's Arms Inn on the right, on the corner with Foundry Lane . The above shot shows the rooftops of the Marble Arch (left) and old Mamas (centre-left) on Rochdale Road (neither pub existed when the Marsland's did).
1. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).