Opposite Oldham Road from Bengal Street today is the Chinese supermarket and restaurant, with the huge Royal Mail sorting office to the north. Oldham Road Railway Station and Oldham Road Police Station used to sit on the site of the sorting office and Lees Street was in front of the station, continuing from Bengal Street, across to meet Rochdale Road. The Land of Burns was about eight doors down Lees Street on the left on the corner with Back Thompson Street, roughly where Cassidy Close is today .
1. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).