This oddly named place a couple of doors down from the Wellington / Pen & Wig (there was a Yorkshire Stingo in London; Stingo being an old White Rose term for strong ale, as Sam Smith's brewery demonstrate) was a "beerhouse and chop house with cigar shop attached" as advertised in 1849 . John Armer, the tenant, was followed by John Hutchinson before the Yorkshire Stingo changed name, first to the Kendal House in 1856 then to the Rifleman Inn a year later. By 1858 John Baker had taken over before Martha Baker was its last licensee in the 1860s. She left to take over at the Star Inn next door and the beerhouse became a pawnshop . The Stingo used to stand on the left side of the brown building in the above shot; the Star Inn to the immediate left in the gap, the Wellington / Pen & Wig a couple of doors down where the Spar is.
1. Salford Pubs - Part 1: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).