Church Inn, Jersey Street, Ancoats, 1991. (c) deltrems at flickr.
On the corner of Jersey Street and Murray Street, the Church Inn was first recorded as a beerhouse in 1836 under William Turner . This old Wilsons house is sadly long gone, and it seemingly closed between 1987 and 1991. There's a couple of 1967 pictures here and here on the Manchester Archives and Local Studies Image Collection. The Church Inn is one of many lost pubs of old Ancoats... we'll try to cover them all.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).