The Sheffield Arms was a couple of doors up from the Moulders Arms, on the Ancoats Retail Park side of the Rochdale Canal. It was amongst The Lane's (Great Ancoats Street's) first beerhouses, opening in the 1830s but had become a shop by 1840. The beerhouse was named after the Sheffield Foundry which was in nearby Store Street .
Former location of Sheffield Arms, Great Ancoats Street. (c) Google 2010. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).