Former location of Prince of Wales Feathers, Great Ancoats Street. (c) Google 2010. View Larger Map.
On the corner of Ducie Street (then known as Mather Street) stood the Prince of Wales Feathers, which as early as 1819 was run by John Grisone as a pork butchers and eatery. He obtained a beerseller's licence in the early 1830s and the next tenant, William Rigby, continued it as a beerhouse-cum-restaurant. It lasted until the 1890s when Watson Dyson turned it into a tripe shop and surrendered the beer licence. UCP (tripe specialists, see Tavern entry) took over the shop and the building survived until the 1950s  before being demolished and now a furniture showroom stands on the site.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).