This 1929 photo shows the St Peter's Hotel as a Walkers & Homfray house on the corner of what we think is Booth Street and Cooper Street. The Waldorf Restaurant on Booth Street here is an odd one, as the Waldorf Hotel was just a few doors down on Cooper Street in the old Freemasons Hall. Could be that the pub was named in homage to the old restaurant? Note the sign advertising 'Special Invalid Port' for 4'9 with equally unlikely hoarding for Ryvita Crispbread above it!
Probable site of St Peter's Hotel, Booth Street. (c) googlemaps.