Not to be confused with the better-known Kings Arms also on Great Ancoats Street, this Kings Arms was a beerhouse which existed earlier for a few years in the 1850s. John Hincliffe started selling beer in his grocer's shop in 1851. He then advertised for a new tenant for the Crystal Palace mentioning that the beerhouse was now selling 10 barrels a month . It stood opposite the White House.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).