This pub stood at 10 Wellington Place, which was a small region near Duke Street, Bridgewater Street and Canal Street (now Rice Street), just off Liverpool Road with the St Matthews Church Sunday School at its centre. Landlords of the Duke of Bridgewater Arms were Richard Smith in 1863, Thomas Heathcote in 1881 and Thomas Occleston in the late 1800s. The exact location of the Duke of Bridgewater Arms was where the office building is on the left in the below shot. In the centre is the St Matthews Church Sunday School and the Oxnoble (Ox) is the white pub on the right down Duke Street.
Former site of the Duke of Bridgewater Arms, Wellington Place. (c) googlemaps.