The Commercial Inn beerhouse was next door to the California Vaults in a row of shops opposite Bradfield Street, between Meadow Street (now Millbank Street) and Chapel Street (now Chapeltown Street). The Commercial was first recorded in 1850 like the California Vaults. However, two years later the Commercial was a pie shop, then a greengrocer's, then back to a beerhouse in 1855, with no records of it thereafter . Its approximate location was the first property in the modern block which forms part of the Piccadilly Basin development.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).