The California Vaults was a short-lived beerhouse on "The Lane" (Great Ancoats Street). It opened in 1850, probably at the same time as its next door neighbour, the Commercial Inn, but was a linen draper's shop by 1958 . It was third property in from Meadow Street (now Millbank Street) which puts its former location at the second house in with with the arched windows in this Piccadilly Basin block.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).