Pubs of Manchester

All pubs within the city centre and beyond.
A history of Manchester's hundreds of lost pubs.

Sunday, 1 April 2012

Bridge, Mill Street

Bridge Hotel, Mill Street, Ancoats, 1912. (c) Neil Richardson [1].

The Bridge Inn opened on the corner of Beswick Street and Mill Street in 1823 and closed as a Wilsons house a couple of years after its neighbour, the Blue Bell, in 1961 [1].  The Bridge Hotel is shown a century ago as a fine-looking Walkers establishment, complete with a well-presented landlord in the doorway, and equally smart Ancoats locals passing by.  Note the advertisement for lager on the roof... 

1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).

No comments:

Post a Comment