Crown Inn, West Worsley Street, Ordsall. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
The Crown was on the north west corner of Tatton Street and West Worsley Street, opposite the Worsley Hotel, and opened in the 1860s. Groves & Whitnall took the beerhouse in 1891 and it passed to Greenall Whitley in the middle of the twentieth century. The Crown closed in 1974, yet another victim of Ordsall redevelopment .
2. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).