Syndall Avenue and Syndall Street still partially survive off Stockport Road in Ardwick, despite the extensive regeneration efforts of this part of town. In the 1800s Syndall Street ran all the way from Stockport (formerly Stockport and London Road) and Hyde Road. The Rutland Inn sat on the corner of Syndall Avenue and is shown as a Chesters house in 1965 advertising Chesters Ales and Stout, with the old terraces around it already demolished. It was mentioned in 1882 when Stephen Chesters at the Rutland Inn., Syndall-street was listed.
Rutland Inn, Syndall Street, Ardwick. (c) London Gazette.
1. Higher Ardwick, 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2000).