The Fleur-de-Lis Inn was on the corner of Pin Mill Brow and Bridge Street, the latter which is now the course of the Mancunian Way ring road as it veers to the right at PC World. On the other side of the road, over Ancoats Bridge and the River Medlock was the Bridge Inn, and facing the Fleur-de-Lis across Bridge Street was the wonderfully named Royal Hen & Chickens Brewery .
Fleur-de-Lis Inn, Pin Mill Brow, 1849. (c) googlemaps.
1. Upper Ardwick 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2000).