Champion Inn, Welbeck Street, Chorlton-on-Medlock, 1951. (c) Bob Potts .
The Champion Inn was a City Brewery, Creese & Co, Wilsons, and finally Walker & Homfray house when it closed in 1963, on Welbeck Street in Chorlton-on-Medlock. Welbeck Street used to run parallel and just to the west of (Higher) Cambridge Street, and the Champion Inn was on the corner of Blansharu Street. Today this is the site of Trinity C of E school, just opposite the Dental Hospital.
Former location of Champion Inn, Welbeck Street, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) googlemaps.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).