Queens Hotel, Ordsall Lane, Ordsall, 1907. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr .
The Queens Hotel was built in 1868 on the corner of Hulton Street and Ordsall Lane, offering a a dining room, clubroom, stables and a brewery. It was granted a full licence in 1873 and was soon snapped up by the Crown Brewery of Hulme. The above photo of the pub is from a 1907 postcard . The Queens was rebuilt at some point in the 1930s, passing to Bass Charrington in the '60s before closing in January 1970 for regeneration of Ordsall . These days Hulton Street doesn't meet up with Ordsall Lane, a point at which the Queens Hotel once stood, roughly where St Clement's Drive meets the Lane nowadays.
Queens Hotel, Ordsall Lane, Ordsall. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
2. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall and Ordsall Lane, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).