Baltic Fleet, Sunnyside Street, Ordsall, 1930. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Baltic Fleet was situated in between Ordsall Lane and the River Irwell on the corner of Lower Seddon Street at the top of Sunnyside Street. It was originally called the Napier & Baltic Fleet and by 1898 was owned by the Empress Brewery. They extended the beerhouse into the properties next door and to the rear but by 1934 at the brewster sessions it was decided that the Baltic Fleet was no longer needed due to a drop in custom with sales down to one barrel a week. Two years later the Baltic Fleet received £1,323 compensation for its licence and closed for good . The former location of the beerhouse was roughly where Derwent Street is today, just south of Regent Road.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Land and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).