The Pickford Inn was an old Boddingtons beerhouse on Fenwick Street off Moss Lane East on the Hulme-Moss Side border. It opened in 1863 and was named after Thomas Pickford of the well-known Pickford's haulage firm which still operates today. Pickford had lived in the large 'Mayfield' house, the grounds of which Pickford Street passed through during its construction . The Pickford Inn passed to Walkers of Warrington before it closed in 1932 . Fenwick Strete was replaced by the Moss Side Shopping Precinct, which itself has been demolished.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).