Northumberland House, Derby Street, Ordsall. (c) Neil Richardson .
Opening in 1875 after the transfer of the licence from the original beerhouse on Bloom Street, the Northumberland House was on the corner of Franklin Street and Derby Street. The new boozer was actually rebuilt at this time and in addition to the standard vault and parlour, it had a billiards room with an entrance along Franklin Street. The Northumberland House was bought by Wilsons in 1890 and it lasted until 1969 , when it was victim of the Orsdall clearances like almost every other pub and beerhouse around here. Derby Street has vanished, but the old location of the Northumberland House was roughly where Mt Carmel Crescent is today, near to Robert Hall Street and Oldfield Road.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).