Borough Inn, Regent Road, Salford. (c) NAH1952 at flickr .
The Borough Inn was first licensed on the corner of Windsor Street in 1832, when this end of Regent Road was still all fields. Towards the end of the century Groves & Whitnall owned the Borough when it was described as a house used as a beerhouse and shop .
Borough Inn, Regent Road, Salford. (c) Mark Naylor at vimeo.
The brewery pulled down the beerhouse and neighbouring houses they also owned and built a new Borough Inn. It stood in the shadow of the gasworks (the Gas Tavern was in the same row of buildings, further east) until Regent Road widening saw it closed in 1980  as a Greenall Whitley house.
Borough Inn, Regent Road, Salford. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr .
The Borough Inn was demolished soon after and nothing has replaced it on Regent Road on this corner of the still present Windsor Street. Still standing behind is the gasworks, though the remaining gasometers are further back towards Liverpool Street.
2. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).