King William IV, East Ordsall Lane, Islington, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
Pictured in about 1960, the King Willliam IV was on the corner of Rodney Street and East Ordsall Lane, Islington, just off Chapel Street. It will have opened shortly after 1830 and was run by the Threlfall family towards the end of the century. In 1892 Joseph Holt's Brewery bought the beerhouse and it lasted until the early 1960s when Rodney Street was demolished for redevelopemnt of Islington. The King William IV survived in part though, as Granada TV rescued the bar and used it in the Rovers Return set of Coronation Street . Clermont Way has replaced part of the old East Ordsall Lane where the King Billy used to stand.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).