Sir Colin Campbell, Minshull Street, 1869. (c) gmcro.
The Sir Colin Campbell was a beerhouse named after a Scottish soldier, shown on the very left in the above photo - the building with the steps and sign above the door. This beerhouse was on the corner of Minshull Street and Major Street and was run by Peter Clarke, who also sold porter and tobacco . The two gents are posing in front of a dye works' premises. Today the Abacus Court office block stands at this junction.
Abacus Court, Minshull Street, 2002. (c) gmrco.