Welcome Inn, Lloyd Street, Hulme. (c) Bob Potts .
The Welcome Inn was originally known as the Flintshire House, as reported in the 1861 census. Then-landlady, Elizabeth Williams and her husband were from Wales which explains the the Flintshire connection. The Welcome Inn stood at No.20 Lloyd Street on the corner with Queen Street (now Quenby Street), and was a Hardy's then Peter Walker & Son house, closing in 1935 [1,2]. Lloyd Street was renamed Linby Street and still runs through Hulme, though no longer meets up with Chester Road. One of the refurbished blocks of flats marks the spot where the Welcome once stood.
Former location of Welcome Inn, Linby Street (formerly Lloyd Street). (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).