Dog & Partridge, Owen Street, Hulme. (c) Bob Potts .
The Dog & Partridge is pictured in Bob Potts' book a century ago in the year it closed, on the corner of Ferneley Street and Own Street. This location was just off Great Jackson Street at Knott Mill, Hulme. The Dog & Partridge opened in 1851 and was a Groves & Whitnall house before passing to Walkers of Warrington until its closure [1,2].
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).