Four Horseshoes, Ellor Street, Hanky Park, Salford, 1965. (c) Arthur Brougham with family's permission.
The Four Horseshoes beerhouse was opposite the old Vine / Kings Arms (Crapper's and Casewell's) on Ellor Street, on the corner of Albert Terrace and can be traced back to 1863. Early ownership is unknown, but by the mid-twentieth century it was a Cornbrook Brewery house. The Four Horseshoes closed in 1965 - as pictured here - under the Ellor Street No.7 clearance .
1. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).