Church Inn, Chester Street, Hulme. (c) Bob Potts .
The Church Inn was at No.24 Chester Street and is pictured above in an old 1907 photo . It opened in 1840 and lasted until 1923 as a Groves & Whitnall house [1,2]. The Church was towards the Great Jackson Street end of Chester Street; this part of the street was lost when the lovely Hulme 'redbricks' (Bentley House) estate was built.
Former location of Church Inn, Chester Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).