The Prince of Wales, a Threlfalls house, is shown above in the 1950s before a pub outing for the regulars. At No.2 Collyhurst Street just off Rochdale Road, the Prince of Wales opened in 1852 and had over a century of serving before being closed and demolished in 1961 under a compulsory purchase order .
Former location of Prince of Wales, Collyhurst Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).