The Foresters' Arms at No.26 Great Jackson Street was formerly the Napoleons Rest, opening in 1858 . The Foresters', pictured above in 1912, closed in 1928 having been owned by Stopford's Brewery . The Foresters' was just three doors down from the Lord Napier, a pub which lasted much longer, until 1986. Great Jackson Street still runs off Chester Road through Hulme today.
Former location of Foresters' Arms, Great Jackson Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).