Druids Rest, Pimlot Street, Hanky Park, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Druids Rest stood on the corner of Peel Street and Pimlot Street in Hanky Park, and can be traced back to 1858. When the landlord was fined for selling the "long pull" in 1907, the Druids Rest was a Threlfalls house, and Alfred Rimmer told magistrates that neighbouring boozers were doing it, so what could he do? In 1913 Threlfalls rebuilt the frontage of the beerhouse and the Druids Rest lasted until 'Black Sunday', that fateful day, 28th April 1963, when most of Hanky Park's pubs and beerhouses were killed off . Pimlot Street used to run from Broad Street (opposite Frederick Street) to Ellor Street, so the Druids Rest was just south of where Belvedere Road is marked.
1. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).