The Lower Turk's Head on Shudehill is one of Manchester's most distinctive closed pubs, as thankfully it appears to be being kept in good nick while it waits to be sold and either reopen as a pub, or, more likely, become retail or flats. Further up Shudehill on the other side, past Hanover Street, was the Higher Turks Head, run by William Pilling in 1848 . It was four doors up from Hanover Street which puts its old location in the right hand side of the Premier Convenience Store shown above (on the left is the side of the Nosh restaurant, formerly Smithfields / New Smithfield).
1. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).