This hotel was half way down Bridge Street on the left hand side from Deansgate (see map at ManchesterHistory ). Originally the Ladyman's Hotel, several societies of Victorian Manchester used to meet here, including the Choral and Harmonic Society who held their concerts and annual ball, and the rather seedy-sounding Gentleman's Glee Club. However, the dilapidated state of the main room at the Ladyman, partly caused by a fire, caused the Gentleman's Club to remove to the Clarence Hotel and it eventually ended up at the Albion Club . The hotel finished its time as the Commercial Hotel under John Hayward in the mid-1800s . After its closure the hotel became the London Music Hall, then the Queen's Theatre after a fire and rebuild, and finally the Royal Amphitheature and Circus. This itself was demolished around 1911  and now the Masonic Hall stands in its place.
Queen's Theatre, former Ladyman's / Commercial Hotel. (c) ManchesterHistory.net .
2. Manchester as it is, Benjamin Love (1839).
3. Manchester City Centre 1894, Alan Godfrey Maps (2008)