Not be be confused with the ever-popular Town Hall Tavern on Tib Lane in the city centre, this Town Hall Tavern was named after the Chorlton-on-Medlock Town Hall on Cavendish Street (as seen here in 1972). Jenkinson Street is (still, just about, as a pedestrianised route) a short street running behind here which then also veers off to the left - seen here in 1956 and 1959. The Town Hall Tavern was a Joseph Holt house directly behind the main town hall  so its location may have been roughly where the building is behind the aerial walkway. This painting from 1894 shows the grandeur of this area of town in Victorian times compared to today as shown below; it was probably around this time the Town Hall Tavern was lost.
Chorlton-on-Medlock Town Hall. (c) googlemaps.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).