Former location of the George Inn, Rochdale Road. (c) googlemaps.
Addington Street is now a major thoroughfare with half the inner ring road passing down its gyratory. In the 1800s on the corner of Addington Street on Rochdale Road was the George Inn, facing what was then the Weaver's Arms , now the at-risk Angel / Beer House. As with so many old pub locations, this spot is no more than a car park these days.
1. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).